This site uses cookies. To find out more, see our Cookies Policy

Marketing & Communications Specialist in Watertown, MA at Socomec

Date Posted: 3/25/2019

Job Snapshot

  • Employee Type:
    Full-time contract
  • Location:
    Watertown, MA
  • Job Type:
  • Experience:
    1-3 years
  • Date Posted:
    3/25/2019

Job Description

Advert reference : H-SAM-2019-175


ABOUT US

Founded in 1922, SOCOMEC is an independent, industrial group with a workforce of 3100 people spread over 27 subsidiaries in the world. Our core business – the availability, control and safety of low voltage electrical networks with increased focus on our customers’ power performance. In 2017, SOCOMEC posted a turnover of 504 M€.


Founded in 1922, SOCOMEC is an international industrial group with a workforce of 3,200 and an annual turnover of over $600M.

Our business is the development, manufacture and sale of equipment and solutions used in the control and protection of low voltage electrical networks. As an independent business, we have a long-term vision and complete control of any decisions affecting our development, reinvesting more than 10% of our sales in R&D.

Our aim is to foster a respectful approach to individuals and cultures, to encourage initiative and commitment from personnel.

The Marketing and Communications Specialist will be responsible for defining, implementing and managing Marketing communications (MarCom) activities that support the local priorities of the subsidiary in North America (Socomec, Inc).

This role will vary in creating marketing communications strategies, liaising with media professionals, and working closely with sales and marketing people from our five BAs to help them publicize and sell their products and services in North America. The MarCom plan will aim at increasing brand awareness, driving lead generation and supporting revenue growth in North America.

Duties will include (but are not limited to):

  • Develop and manage strategic actionable marketing campaigns that directly support Socomec’s priorities in North America.
  • Write content for both print and Web including the US website, news, brochures, internal communications and newsletter.
  • Work closely with marketing managers and key team members to ensure smooth product launches.
  • Manage a local marketing agency in creating inbound marketing campaigns to support lead generation initiatives. (Blogging, value added content creation, nurturing emails…)
  • MarCom financial oversight including media/vendor negotiations, expense tracking and budget management.
  • Support the development of our distribution channel.
  • Ensure implementation and communication of the new corporate brand awareness campaign.
  • Implement strong reporting for campaign analytics, utilize information received to enhance future programs.
  • Support with other local projects, such as: Sales meeting organization and local customer events.

 

Job Requirements

Requirements:

  • Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
  • One or two years of experience in Marketing and Communications a plus
  • Knowledge of the electrical industry a plus but not required
  • Ability to speak French is required
  • This position is based in Watertown, MA. (relocations or sponsorship not being considered at this time)

Benefits Offered:

  • Health - Socomec pays 90% of the premium up to a cap and the employee pays the remaining 10%. For vision and dental – Socomec pays 80% of the premium up to a cap and the employee pays the remaining 20%
  • 3 weeks paid time off for the first 2 years of service, 4 weeks thereafter
  • 11 paid company holidays
  • 5 paid sick days
  • 401(K) match – Socomec matches the first 5% of the employee contribution. At year end Socomec provides a profit share distribution of another 5% to all employees into their 401K plan regardless of if they contribute or not.